2 Birthday Cards using the Big Balloon Celebration Stamps and Dies

Happy Friday friends. I'm happy to be up on the Whimsy blog today sharing a couple of cards using new products from the latest Whimsy Stamps release for today's cards.

For my first card, I started by die cutting two of the balloons from the brand new Big Balloon Celebrations die set out of some masking paper. I then used those as a stencil so I could blend in some inks. After my blending was done, I stamped the sentiment from the Big Balloon Celebrations stamp set onto my card panel and the balloon strings. I then took the card panel and ran it through my Big Shot with the largest of the Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle dies. I love that this die cuts an A2 size -- such a nice finishing detail.

I added some sparkling clear sequins and the card was finished.


For my second card today, I started by die cutting the balloons from the Big Balloon Celebrations die collection and then doing some ink blending. As I will sometimes do on an ink blended background, I gave the balloons a spritz of water to pick up some of the ink. I then stamped the sentiment from the coordinating stamp set. I also stamped the balloon strings and rounded the bottom corners. 


Thanks for your visit today. I hope you've been inspired to take a look at your dies and perhaps use them in a way that they necessarily weren't intended like I did on the first card. Crafty hugs!


2 comments

  1. Hi guys,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to know more about the Inspiration blog I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team