Meet Our Creative Team - Andrea

I reside in the beautiful Volunteer State with my husband of 17 years, our two children, a Westie, and a Rex bunny.  When it comes to crafting, I am not monogamous, having dabbled in crochet, jewelry making, and scrap booking, to name a few.  But card making is definitely my passion (or obsession my family would say!), and I am truly honored and excited to be a part of the Whimsy Stamps’ team.

1)    If you could have a super power, what would it be? I’m a huge superhero fan:  I grew up on Wonder Woman and love watching Super Girl on Netflix (That’s about the only thing that motivates me to get on the treadmill).  I used to say if I could have any super power it would be to fly, but that was before a recent trip to an amusement park (This girl is getting a little too old for that much adrenaline!).  Now, I’d like to be the Flash:  Just imagine how much more time I’d have to craft if I could whiz through all of my other tasks at lightning speed!

2)    What is your favorite color combo and favorite coloring medium? My favorite color combo is pink, teal and green, and my favorite coloring medium is Copics.



3)    List 3 things someone would be surprised to learn about you? First, I once “borrowed” my brother’s Volkswagen Super Beetle (without his permission or knowledge) to teach myself how to drive a stick-shift.  I drove it half way with the parking brake on and was a nervous wreck the entire time!  Second, I played the flute and piccolo in my high school marching band, and one year we performed in the halftime show at the Sugar Bowl.  Finally, I am very competitive, and one time my husband and I played a game of checkers for an hour and a half (I think I won in the end).

4)    What Whimsy stamp or stamp set could you not live without and why? Choosing my three favorite Whimsy products is so hard because there are so many cute stamps and great dies!  However, I have a real weakness for adorable critters, and the ones in Baby Animals definitely tug on my heart strings.  I love all of Crissy Armstrong’s penguin stamps, but my favorite may be Penguin Candy Floss (I can totally relate to cramming a fistful of cotton candy into my mouth – yum!).    My current favorite die set has to be the Stitched Heart Dies, as I’ve been using them on most of my projects of late.

5)    If you had to survive on just 3 foods, what would they be? If I had only three foods to survive on, one of them would have to be salads: I eat one most days for lunch.  I don’t think I could live without chocolate, so I’d have to have some form of that, too.  Because coffee is not a food (although it IS necessary for my survival!), my third item would probably be pizza (We eat it about once a week in my family).

Here’s a photo of my favorite Whimsy project.  Lee Holland’s Penguin Gift is just so sweet, and I had so much fun coloring him with my Zigs.



3 comments

  1. Cute card with beautiful colors. Shame on you for taking your brother's car..................LOL. I love that you were in the Sugar Bowl. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s such an adorable card !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team